England international Michael Carrick has issued a rallying cry to the Manchester United supporters by saying that the players will not allow the club’s season to derail after a 2-1 defeat against Arsenal in the FA Cup.
Once regarded as a future star, it is reported that Manchester United could consider cancelling the contract of Anderson.
Manchester United managed to get their third consecutive victory in the Premier League after a 3-0 win over Hull City on Saturday.
Former Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs has stated that he is confident that the likes of Michael Carrick can lead the club going into the new era under Louis van Gaal. The 13 time Premier league champions are widely expected to return to their best under Van Gaal, who has the experience of managing a top club unlike his predecessor David Moyes. The Dutchman, though, has been delaying the decision to name his new captain, as he wants to take a good look at the players. The decision is expected to come just a few days before the start of the campaign.
Manchester United have been dealt a major blow with the news that midfielder Michael Carrick could be out for the first few months of the season. It was the first day of pre-season training at United, but Carrick suffered an ankle injury that could keep him out of action for up to 10 weeks. New manager Louis van Gaal, who had just arrived for his first day of training, confirmed the news. United, though, are likely to be too worried about the situation since they are expected to be quite active in the transfer window – especially for midfielders.
Former Manchester United star Paul Scholes has stated that England might have made a grave mistake in taking Michael Carrick to the World Cup 2014. England manager Roy Hodgson preferred to take a young squad with the likes of Ross Barkley featuring in the team at the expense of Carrick. Scholes, who has played in a couple of World Cups during his stellar career, says that Carrick would have been an integral part of the national team with his passing ability.
Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has spoken about the disappointment of missing out on the World Cup 2014 squad. The 32-year-old was one of the major names absent from the squad sheet announced by England manager Roy Hodgson for the World Cup 2014. He still has not announced the 23 man squad yet, but the provisional squad itself does not feature the former Tottenham star. It is understood that Hodgson wants a more youthful setup for the national team in the hope of building for the future.
After being knocked out of the Champions League at the quarter-final stage, Manchester United will be looking forward to finish the season strongly according to midfielder Michael Carrick. He has been one of the few players to have come out of the season with some credibility, as the club has performed very poorly this season.
The horrendous season that Manchester United is going through is even affecting the chances of some players on getting noticed and being a candidate for representing their respective club for the 2014 World Cup.
Michael Carrick is a constant starter for David Moyes and his plans but his form has taken a sudden change, much like just about the rest of the entire team which are suffering from finding their best form. So far it has been either Wayne Rooney or Van Persie who have been the main driving force behind United’s last few positive results.
Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick says that they still have a slim chance of making it to the top four this season despite the fact that they could not register a win against Fulham in their home turf and then ending up with a goal less draw against Arsenal at the Emirates. The Reds are placed seventh in the Barclays Premiere League and this is one of the worst seasons which United is going through in decades.